Dr. Malish has been a member of the Division of Orthopaedic Trauma at Vancouver General Hospital since May 2015. He initially started his practice at Kelowna General Hospital in 2009. In June 1994, Dr. Malish joined the Canadian Armed Forces where he completed his medical training at UBC, trained as a family physician and served as a General Duty Medical Officer. After his first NATO tour to Bosnia in 2000, he started his orthopaedic residency at the University of Calgary followed by a year of orthopaedic trauma fellowship training. He deployed on three combat tours at the Role 3 Multinational Medical Unit in Kandahar, Afghanistan in addition to a surgical mentoring mission to Mazar-e-Sharif, Afghanistan. His final combat tour was in Iraq in 2014 prior to retiring from the Canadian Armed Forces in March 2018.
- Orthopaedic Trauma Fellowship, The University of British Columbia
- FRCSC, The University of Calgary
- Orthopaedic Residency Training, The University of British Columbia
- Rural Family Medicine Residency, The University of British Columbia
- MD, Yale University
- BSc Molecular Biophysics and Biochemistry