Each year, the UBC Department of Orthopaedics recognizes the incredible research being conducted by our trainees at our annual Orthopaedic Research Day event. This year’s online event was hosted by Dr. Henry Broekhuyse, UBC Orthopaedics Clinical Professor and Director of Postgraduate Medical Education. Drs. Adrian Huang, Lise Leveille, and Babak Shadgan sat on the presentation review panel. Thank you to all who made the event such a success!
We are pleased to announce the 2021 Research Day award recipients:
- 1st: Alex Hoffer – “Follow up after ACL reconstruction: how long is long enough” (supervised by Dr. Jordan Leith)
- 2nd: Mikaela Peters – “Effect of orthopaedic resident education on screening for intimate partner violence” (supervised by Dr. Kelly Lefaivre)
- 3rd: Hannah Nazaroff – “ The state of MSK education in Canadian family medicine training programs” (supervised by Dr. Adrian Huang)
Clinical Fellow Research
- Gabriel Larose – “The trajectory of long-term recovery following ORIF for distal radius fractures” (supervised by Dr. Kelly Lefaivre)
- Lynn Murphy – “Gender diversity, leadership, promotion, and opportunity among the members of the Orthopaedic Trauma Association” (supervised by Dr. Kelly Lefaivre)
Graduate Student Research
- Luke Johnson – “Digitally reconstructed radiographs to evaluate the effect of patient position on hip migration percentage” (supervised by Dr. David Wilson and Dr. Kishore Mulpuri)
Congratulations to the winners and all speakers who presented this year!