Vancouver – Richmond Hospital
Research Interests & Publications
Smith DB. Vitamin C for complex regional pain syndrome prophylaxis. BCMJ 2019;61(9):349.
Smith DB. Proximal versus distal biceps tendon ruptures: When to refer. BCMJ 2017;59(2):85.
Smith DB. Achilles tendon ruptures—a review for primary care. BCMJ. 2016;58(9):520-521.
Smith DB. First-time traumatic anterior shoulder dislocations in young patients. BCMJ. 2016;58(7):399-400.
Smith DB, Carter TR, and Johnson, DH. High Failure Rate for Electrothermal Shrinkage of the Lax Anterior Cruciate Ligament: A Multicenter Follow-Up Past 2 Years. Arthroscopy. 2008;24(6):637-641.
Smith DB, Lovely DF. Effect of Non-white Contamination of Surface Recorded Spinal SEPs in the Performance of a Matched Filter. Proceedings of the 22nd Canadian Medical and Biological Engineering Society Conference (CMBEC), Charlottetown, PEI, Canada, June 1996.
For more information regarding Dr. Smith’s published research, please click here.
- Fellowship in Arthroscopy and Sports Medicine – Ottawa University
- Orthopaedic Surgery – University of Alberta
- MD – Dalhousie University
- MSc, Biomedical Engineering – University of New Brunswick
- BSc, Engineering – University of New Brunswick