May 28 – June 3, 2023 is National AccessAbility Week. This week was created by the Accessible Canada Act as a time to:
- Celebrate the valuable contributions and leadership of Canadians with disabilities;
- highlight the work of people, organisations and communities that are removing barriers;
- and reflect on ongoing efforts to become a better, more accessible, more inclusive Canada.
We encourage you to think about what we are doing at UBC Orthopaedics to make our clinical world more accessible to patients, staff and doctors with disabilities. The Chief Accessibility Officer’s Challenge Questions for National AccessAbility Week 2023 are as follows:
- What actions has your clinic and work space taken to remove barriers for people with disabilities?
- How are your patients with disabilities faring when they access your site or services, whether in person or online?
- What is one thing you will do in the coming year to improve accessibility at your clinic and work space?
Tag the Office of the Chief Accessibility Officer of Canada on social media (Linkedin, Twitter, Facebook) in your responses and use the hashtags: #CAONAAWChallenge and #NAAW23.