CLINICAL ASSISTANT PROFESSOR
Fraser Health – Lions Gate Hospital
Dr. McConkey was born and raised in Vancouver and completed his undergraduate, medical school and residency at the University of British Columbia.
After orthopaedic residency he completed a 1 year sports medicine fellowship at the University of Iowa where he helped take care of the Iowa Hawkeyes NCAA Division 1 Big Ten collegiate sports teams. This was followed by a fellowship in Auckland under Dr. Matthew Brick, an expert in hip arthroscopy and hip preservation.
His elective practice focuses on soft tissue reconstruction of the knee, shoulder and hip. Extremity trauma is also a focus of his practice at Lions Gate Hospital.
Research Interests & Publications
- ACL reconstruction, adult and pediatric
- PCL reconstruction
- Multiligamentous knee injuries
- Patellofemoral instability
- Knee osteotomies and cartilage restoration
- Knee arthroscopy
- Shoulder instability & rotator cuff disease
- AC joint instability & disease
- Femoroacetabular impingement
- Hip labral tears
- Hamstring injuries
- Fellowship, Hip Arthroscopy & Sports Medicine – Millenium Institute of Sport & Health
- Fellowship, Orthopaedic Sports Medicine – University of Iowa, Department of Orthopedics
- Orthopaedic Residency Training Program – University of British Columbia
- MD – University of British Columbia
- BSc, Psychology – University of British Columbia