Dr. Mark McConkey
Lions Gate Hospital & Squamish General Hospital
Clinical Office Address:
Pacific Orthopedics & Sports Medicine
214-145 West 15th Street
North Vancouver BC V7M 1R9
Phone: 604.985.1224 Fax: 604.980.0536
Assistant email Christa at firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. McConkey was born and raised in Vancouver and completed his undergraduate, medical school and residency at the University of British Columbia.
After orthopaedic residency he completed a 1 year sports medicine fellowship at the University of Iowa where he helped take care of the Iowa Hawkeyes NCAA Division 1 Big Ten collegiate sports teams. This was followed by a fellowship in Auckland under Dr. Matthew Brick, an expert in hip arthroscopy and hip preservation.
His elective practice focusses on soft tissue reconstruction of the knee, shoulder and hip. Extremity trauma is also a focus of his practice at Lions Gate Hospital.
- ACL reconstruction, adult and pediatric
- PCL reconstruction
- multiligamentous knee injuries
- patellofemoral instability
- knee osteotomies and cartilage restoration
- knee arthroscopy
- shoulder instability & rotator cuff disease
- AC joint instability & disease
- femoroacetabular impingement
- hip labral tears
- hamstring injuries